1. Somewhere in that pile of trash is Miley, a stray husky that badly needed to be rescued.
2. Workers for animal rescue organization Hope for Paws found Miley close to death in Los Angeles on Nov. 15.
4. Hope for Paws co-founder Eldad Hagar found the sick dog, who had apparently been living in the pile for months. “When I got there, I almost couldn’t believe what I was seeing,” he told The Huffington Post.
5. “She was very lucky we rescued her when we did, because her condition would have continued to deteriorate until she would have died a miserable and painful death,” he said.
6. Hagar said the pup’s condition was some of the worst he had ever seen. He knew he had to get her to a hospital.
7. According to a YouTube video of her rescue, Miley suffered from mange, parasites, bacterial infections, and malnutrition. She needed medicated baths and antibiotics for her many wounds.
“She was in so much pain,” Hagar said.
8. But slowly, Hagar started to gain Miley’s trust.
Their first kiss!
9. Miley also made friends with another rescue dog, Frankie, a chihuahua who was found after almost drowning in a sewer tunnel.
“Miley took Frankie under her wing and they quickly became really good friends,” Hagar said.
10. After a lot of love, Miley is almost fully healed and ready to go to a loving home.
11. Watch Miley’s inspiring story here.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›