1. You wished that you had a brother you could sell for 50 cents.
That was a lot of money!
2. You wore out your Our First Video VHS tape.
And cried when all the film got tangled from rewinding it too much.
3. You owned these dolls:
And you knew that the one on the left was Ashley because she was more girly. Mary-Kate was totally the sporty type.
4. You went through your rebelious stage when they did.
“Mooooooom, I just want to dye my hair pink. I’m not murdering anyone.”
5. You knew all the words to this song:
And you probably still do.
6. You owned one of these shirts from their Walmart clothing line.
7. Probably also this shirt because it was so cool.
9. You were always afraid you were going to get trapped in a mirror thanks to Double Double Toil and Trouble.
15. And you made your mom buy these even though they didn’t smell that great:
16. You wanted to have a party. Any kind of party.
Dance party, beach party, birthday party, pool party, sleepover party, homework party. You love them all.
18. You had a subscription to their magazine, even though it didn’t last that long.
Real talk for real girls.
19. You got annoyed when people couldn’t tell them apart.
20. You wore out your Gameboy battery rotating in between Get a Clue and The Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley.
23. And seriously contemplated sliding around your living room in chocolate syrup.
It looked more fun than gross at the time.