1. 1. Crossroads Quilt
By This quilter appreciates the subtle beauty of simple blue-hued stripes.
2. 2. Circles Quilt
Sweet and simple— get the tutorial here.
3. 3. Color Shot Quilt
A stunning combo of colorful circles and stripes, created by this this talented blogger.
4. 4. Prism Quilt
Basic patchwork and visible hand stitching have a cozy aesthetic. Buy it from Sundance.
5. 5. Scattering Squares
Simple patchwork with a dramatic effect. Pattern can be found in this book.
6. 6. Hideaway Log Cabin Quilt
A modern colorful take on the traditional Log Cabin design. Available from Garnet Hill.
7. 7. Striped Squares
A kinetic, vibrant quilt made from hand-dyed fabrics by this gifted quilter.
8. 8. Felted Sweater Blanket
Make a colorful quilt out of old sweaters with this awesome tutorial.
10. 9. Nine Patch Art Quilt
This art quilt by Eleanor McCain would look gorgeous hanging on the wall.
11. 10. Neighborhood Quilt
House motifs adorn the cute quilt featured in this book.
12. 11. Honeycomb Quilt
A perfect quilt for cuddling- sold by Not On The High Street.
13. 12. Bubbles Quilt
Overlapping circles make this a multi-dimensional design. Read about its creation here.
14. 13. Fact or Fiction Quilt
The skillful use of negative space makes this a powerful design. Created by this blogger.
15. 14. Modern Log Cabin
Color and pattern galore make for another revamp of the classic Log Cabin. From this awesome flickr stream.
16. 15. Miscellaneous Squares
Love the simplicity of squares in a palette of orange and blue. Find it on flickr here.
17. 16. Liberated Charm
A totally unique way to show off sporadic bits of patchwork. Read the story behind its creation here.
18. 17. Llamas
Llama fabric, actual live llamas… nuff said. By this talented quilter.
19. 18. Work Quilt
Creative applique, patchwork, and hand stitching… this little quilt’s got it all. Blogged about here.
20. 19. Oodalolly
Not sure where the name came from, but I love the stained glass window look. From the blog Stitched in Color.
21. 20. Autumn Jewels
It’s hard to go wrong with an earthy fall palette. Read this quilt’s story here.
22. 21. Mustache
It’s official: a stache looks good on just about anything. By this clever quilter.
23. 22. Cloud Song
Somehow makes a rainy day cheerful The pattern is featured in this book.
24. 23. Drunk Zebra
Apparently, this is what a drunk zebra would look like. Designed and created by this quilter.
25. 24. Hopscotch Quilt
Everyone’s favorite childhood game makes for an awesome quilt design. Find the tutorial here.
26. 25. Pixie Sticks
This quilt totally reminds me of the colorful sugar candy it’s named after. The pattern is available in this magazine.
27. 26. Reflection Quilt
Reminiscent of a reflecting cityscape, made by this crafty quilter.
28. 27. Spring Carnival
Love the deteriorating aesthetic of the design. Made by I’m a Ginger Monkey on flickr.
29. 28. Nine Patch
There’s something sort of rugged and homey about this one. Found on the flickr stream of daintytime.
30. 29. Selvedge Quilt
Made entirely from selvedges (those manufactured edges of fabrics). Check out the tutorial here.
31. 30. Alphabet Quilt
Creative patchwork makes this alphabet quilt cute instead of cheesy. Read about the process here.
32. 31. Plaid To Be An American
A wall quilt that’s all American in both design and material, available to buy here.
33. 32. Hipster Baby Quilt
Simple patchwork is all it takes when the fabrics are so cool. Made by this quilter.
34. 33. Cathedral Windows
Hard to say what’s cooler— the antique windows quilt or the horns mounted on the wall. Room designed by Cortney and Robert Novogratz on HGTV.
35. 34. Intersecting Circles
Minimalist in design and color palette, with stitches that echo the circular motifs. By A Blond Quilts on flickr.
36. 35. Tie Dyed
Quilts gone retro. By SewMuch4me2do on Etsy.
37. 36. Simple Grid Quilt
A colorful geometric quilt looks awesome in a white interior. This picture from the Scandanavian blog Emmas Design Blogg.
38. 37. Pixelated Colorwheel
Skillful patchwork creates an awesome pixelated effect. By From the Blue Chair on flickr.
39. 38. Arrows Quilt
It’s like a really confusing road sign. Created by this blogger.
40. 39. Houndstooth
This pattern shouldn’t be reserved for preppy clothing. Design from Dear Stella Design.
41. 40. Absurdite
From the quirky face series by Regina Alexandra.
42. 41. Kantha Quilt Special Treat
Simple hand stitching emphasizes the beautiful fabrics. Available to purchase from The Family Love Tree.
43. 42. Tokyo Subway Quilt
A vibrant depiction of the Japanese public transport. Get the pattern here.
44. 43. Pajama Party II
From the Pajama Party series by quilt artist Ellin Larimer. Way cooler than any pajamas I’ve ever seen.
45. 44. Opposing Triangles
Simple and elegant— love how the stitching echoes the triangle motif. From Sew Katie Did on flickr.
46. 45. A Wedding Quilt
Shifting orange rectangles pop against a white background. Pattern available on The Purl Bee
47. 46. Just Dandy
Because everyone loves blowing on dandelions. Get the pattern from V and Co.
48. 47. Modern Monogram
Way cuter than your average name quilt. Full tutorial is available here.
49. 48. Wool Plaid Quilt Hanging
Somehow this quilt manages to make wool and plaid look funky and fresh. From this flickr stream.
50. 49. Modern Stix
Touches of yellow pop against the cool palette. Get the pattern here.
51. 50. Two-toned Triangles
Gray, black, and yellow are an awesome and understated quilt palette. By CB Handmade on flickr.
53. 52. Just An Illusion
Gorgeous zigzags create a three-dimensional effect. Designed by Jessica Ogden and available to buy here.
54. 53. Puzzle Quilt
This interlocking grid is surprisingly easy to create. Pattern available in this book.
Pippa Armbrester is the author of Solids, Stripes, Circles, and Squares: 16 Modern Patchwork Quilt Patterns. See more of her quilt and crafting ideas on her website.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy was rebuzzed by kstb
- teryhung 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy
- themarti 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy
- LolaGranola 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy
- smorgasborddd 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy
- GOLDgalactic 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy
- kellym14 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy and thinks it’s Cute
- Owlkeeper 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy
- Moonbog99 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy
- Ginny N. thinks 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy is Old
- grammarlesslinguist 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy
- sarahf29 thinks 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy is Win
- maravernicav thinks 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy is Cute
- Jessica10 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy
- wendik 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy
- jeanninez 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy
- RyanTPoole 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy and thinks it’s Win & Cute
- gen becks 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy and thinks it’s Cute
- Lillithdv8 thinks 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy is Cute
- benmartina 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy
- Oscar T. thinks 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy is Win
- proud30lithuanian thinks 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy is Win
- jodieh2 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy
- lucky89955 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy and thinks it’s Cute
- llb 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy
- ChrisRox thinks 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy is Cute
- acgence09 thinks 53 Quilts To Eye, Create, Or Buy is Cute