1. That sound when the needle first hits the record.
3. Getting an amazing set of speakers to really complete the experience.
4. Randomly stumbling upon a sign like this and suddenly changing your plans for the next hour or two.
6. Searching on eBay for deals on rare and out-of-print records.
8. When the vinyl color is matchy-matchy with the record sleeve.
15. Flipping through records in a used bin and having no idea what the next thing you see will be.
16. A lot of wonderful albums can be found for just a dollar.
17. Or hey, a 50-cent bin! You can really luck out by digging through these things.
18. Meeting someone cute while browsing through records. This really does happen; it’s not just in movies!
19. Those big plastic dividers in record stores, and the super-specific genre names the clerks write on them.
22. A perfectly sequenced album side.
24. Inheriting your family’s old records.
25. Separating stems and seeds from weed on gatefold sleeves.
27. When new albums come with free download coupons.
30. Record fairs.
Especially the WFMU Record Fair!
34. Just watching the record spin and being sorta amazed that you’re hearing music stored on tiny little grooves.
35. Having a huge wall of nothing but records.
Living the dream!