1. The Pixies announced this morning that original bassist and singer Kim Deal has quit the band.
3. It’s unclear whether or not The Pixies will carry on without Kim. The band has only ever existed in its original four-member lineup, and they’ve only been together to play sporadic reunion tours since reforming in 2004.
4. It’s hard to imagine why anyone would want to hear a version of The Pixies that didn’t include Kim Deal. Her distinctive bass style and backing vocals are crucial to the band’s sound.
5. And Kim sings lead on “Gigantic,” one of their most famous songs.
8. Kim Deal has been pretty busy lately with her other band, The Breeders. Their most popular album, Last Splash, was recently reissued, and they’ve been playing that entire album on tour around the world.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders faced off for the first time since the Bern's big win in New Hampshire. Here's the recap 🇺🇸
- World leaders have agreed to a "cessation of hostilities" in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.