1. Let’s get something straight right away: Mariah Carey’s “Merry Christmas” is the best Christmas album of the ’90s, and “All I Want For Christmas Is You” is the best new Christmas song of the past 20 years, maybe even 30 years.
This goes without saying, really.
2. But NSYNC got in on the Christmas action…
3. And that was a big hit, so 98 Degrees were like “Hey, me too, me too!”
4. Why is there no trace of Christmas-ness on the cover of Garth Brooks’ Christmas CD? Why does he look like an evil cowboy wizard?
The album title is just like the name of a Harry Potter novel!
5. Snoop Dogg and the Death Row Records roster taught us about Christmas in the ghetto…
6. …and the DGC roster of alt-rockers were like “Ehhh, OK, sure, Christmas.”
7. The Smashing Pumpkins, No Doubt, Natalie Merchant, Dave Matthews, Hootie and the Blowfish, Blues Traveler, Sheryl Crow, and Mary J. Blige got together to make the most ’90s Christmas album possible.
8. Ren and Stimpy had a very surreal Christmas.
9. Cats celebrated Christmas with great gusto.
10. Master P made a Christmas record before he was super famous.
11. Some artists put Christmas songs on their regular albums. This one by Archers of Loaf is sad, funny, and dark.
12. …and this Flaming Lips song is whimsical, silly, and strange. So, you know, a pretty typical Flaming Lips song.
- Illegal immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.