The official synopsis according to IMDB says: “In 2028 Detroit, when Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) - a loving husband, father and good cop - is critically injured in the line of duty, the multinational conglomerate OmniCorp sees their chance for a part-man, part-robot police officer.”
3. And so’s the cop in the armor.
Joel Kinnaman (The Killing) is taking over from ex-cop-turned-robot, Peter Weller.
4. Also Samuel L. Jackson’s in it, playing some kind of smooth-talking pro-robo mofo.
Sorry. The alliteration was too easy.
5. And here’s BAMF Gary Oldman, the scientist who creates Robocop.
Ha ha ha who ever thinks that this will end well? Has nobody read Frankenstein?
6. Looks like it will touch on the issue of drone warfare.
7. …But don’t worry. There’s also still plenty of camp-action explosions.
8. (Including motorbike boomerang stunts, apparently. Woo!)
9. See for yourself:
10. Swoooosh, baby.
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- Activists celebrated the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. ›
- Elections on Sunday are widely expected to hand Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko a fifth term since 1994. ›