1. It’s all a little complicated, are you sure you want me to—
5. So first of all the government is currently shut down.
7. Mostly because it included some healthcare stuff Democrats and Republicans can’t seem to agree on.
8. I mean, that’s a little harsh. Although they DID put off debating it until literally the last minute…
10. Also a bunch of people who work for the government have been put on furlough.
11. Although the president’s still getting paid.
12. And so’s Congress.
13. Er, and we’re also about to max out 16 trillion dollars of debt.
14. Mostly because it doesn’t affect our internet connection, to be honest.
15. Now you’re just being rude.
16. On the upside, there are no apocalyptic headless horsemen on the loose! Yet.
17. And guess what!? Starbucks is still open!
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. Here's a recap 🇺🇸
- World leaders have agreed to a "cessation of hostilities" in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.