1. In 2012, one person was killed every 51 minutes in an alcohol-impaired crash.
2. In one year, drunk driving claims more than 10,000 lives — enough to fill 20 jumbo jets.
3. In 2012, 44% of the traffic fatalities during the July 4th weekend involved a drunk driver…
4. …and between 9 p.m. and midnight, that percentage increased to well over half.
5. Three out of four of those arrested for driving under the influence in 2012 were male.
7. 390 people were killed in traffic crashes over Labor Day weekend two years ago…
8. …and one in four were in crashes involving a driver with a BAC of .15 or higher.
9. That same weekend, more than three-fourths of all drunk-driving fatalities happened between 6 p.m. and 5:59 a.m.
10. The United States has more drunk drivers than most countries have people.
All facts provided by NHTSA.gov.