1. 1. Russia - It is illegal to brush your teeth more than twice per day.
Enjoy it while you can.
2. 2. Australia - Although it is illegal for children to buy cigarettes, condoms and alcohol, it is legal to use them.
Drink up, kiddo!
3. 3. Italy - In Milan, it is legally required to smile at all times, except during funerals and hospital visits.
Avoiding fines with friends.
4. 4. Canada - It is illegal for street musicians to give children balloon animals in Victoria, British Columbia.
“Don’t worry ma’am, we’ll catch the perp.”
5. 5. Chile - The country didn’t pass a law legalizing divorce until 2005.
You may have a migraine now but hey, at least you’re not breaking the law anymore!
6. 6. Finland - Traffic fines are calculated on a sliding scale according to your most-recently reported income.
The most expensive speeding ticket ever ($12.5 million) was given out to a Nokia executive for going 75 km/h in a 50km/h zone on his Harley. Ouch.
7. 7. Israel - You could be prosecuted for picking your nose on a Saturday.
DISCLAIMER: This law was passed by a rabbi to preserve the sanctity of the holy day, but the rule is not enforced by Israeli secular law.
8. 8. Samoa - In Samoa, it’s a crime to forget your wife’s birthday.
After the doghouse, there’s the jailhouse.
9. 9. Portugal - According to Portuguese law, it is forbidden to pee in the ocean.
The Portuguese coast, 100% Urine Free.
10. 10. Thailand - People in Thailand can be put in jail for mocking the monarchy, whether they are residents of the country or not.
King Bhumibol Adulyadej doesn’t take mocking lightly.
11. 11. England - At a train station in Warrington, kissing travelers goodbye could get you in trouble.
A sign at Warrington Bank Quay Train Station reminds travelers of the ban on kissing.
12. 12. Thailand - It is illegal to leave the house if you are not wearing underwear.
No official word on whether leaving your house in only your underwear is legal, however.
13. 13. Russia - Dirty cars spotted in Moscow can end up with a $100 fine, although how dirty isn’t defined.
14. 14. France - It is illegal to name a pig Napoleon.
“Je ne m’appelle pas Napoleon.”
15. 15. Scotland - Being drunk while in possession of a cow is illegal.
Disapproving cow thinks you shouldn’t have that fourth beer.
16. 16. New Zealand: One law states that any found Uranium should be reported to the Government in writing within three months of its discovery.
Smilin’ Joe Fission should report those uraniums rods stat!
17. 17. Denmark - You legally have to check under your car for sleeping children before you start it.
Kind of makes you worry about the state of parenting in Denmark, doesn’t it?
18. 18. England - It is illegal to consume a mince pie on Christmas Day.
No pie for you!
19. 19. Greece - Playing electronic games can carry a fine of up to 75,000 euros.
Somewhere not in Greece, video games are played.