1. Make paninis (with an iron).
Or a delicious grilled cheese. Just butter the outsides of the sandwich, wrap it in foil, put it on a textbook and iron each side for a couple of minutes.
3. Keep a stash of dried seaweed to make some easy sushi snacks.
This is made with spam and minute rice.
4. Use your microwave to make scrambled eggs. Or even a quiche.
Detailed recipe here.
5. And fancier things, like lasagna and chicken couscous.
7. If your mini fridge isn’t very cold, use this trick to chill lukewarm beers.
Just wet a towel and stick it in the freezer for 8-15 minutes. More ways here.
8. Buy some popcorn seasoning to spice up a staple snack.
9. Make your ramen a little more exciting.
Like this Ramac & cheese recipe. But instead of broiling it, just pop it in the microwave.
11. You can drink wine in your room without needing a wine opener.
You can use a string or use these other things.
12. Make an easy taco salad in a bag.
For those ever-persistent Mexican food cravings. Here’s the five-minute recipe.
13. For the coffee snobs, you can brew one cup at a time with just two disposable cups and a coffee filter.
So you don’t have to settle for the generic cafeteria stuff. Detailed instructions here.
14. Turn your go-to cereal into a cereal bar.
Three ingredients + microwave recipe here.
15. Invest in a tumbler so you can make smoothies.
It’s a great way to have a pseudo-blender without having to invest in a real blender.
16. If you’re dying for fresh vegetables, you can make your own zero-power container garden.
Ambitious, but hey. You do you. Instructions here.
17. Or an upside-down planter.
Make sure you clear it with your building admin first. Instructions here.
18. Or just get more greens in by buying a pack of grab-bag vegetables.
Just zap them and go.
19. Use a base or meat-flavored bouillon to make a quick soup.
Or just to upgrade your rice.
20. Make no-bake cookies.
If you need something sweet, you can make these in just minutes.
21. And easy chocolate chip cookie dough truffles.
These ones only require three ingredients. Take that, Milanos.
22. If you don’t have a kitchen, definitely get an electric hot water kettle.
You can quickly make anything from miso soup to oatmeal. And apparently you can make these things in a coffee maker.
23. Because you can also use it to make broth-y soups.
24. But you don’t necessarily need it to make oatmeal.
Recipe for overnight oats (without needing a microwave) here.
25. Or if you’re feeling fancy (and your dorm allows it) you can make magic with a wafflemaker.
Like these cinnamon rolls.