It’s at this point that it first occurs to you that Calliou is no longer a part of your morning soundtrack, and that someone else is now responsible for entertaining your child and feeding their brain all day. Clouds part! Angels sing.
9. You are the one who is NOT supposed to cry.
A key element of sending your kiddo off to school is actually bringing them there. If they take your kiddo from you in the carpool line, it’s totally normal if they’re screaming after you as you go, but try not to scream back.
11. You’ve been had. By a 5-year-old.
Inevitably your soon-to-be-kindergartener will turn to you, big old baby eyes staring back at you and they’ll tell you they don’t want to go to school, they just want to stay with you. Stand strong, comrade. Manipulating your parents is a basic human instinct, and the force is strong.
15. You’ve totally got this.
Your kid comes home from their first day brimming with stories and excitement. You made this genius. You officially get to claim all their triumphs as your own. Congratulations Mom & Dad! (Resulting therapy bills are future you’s problem.)
- President Obama asked Congress for $1.8 billion to fight the spread of the Zika virus across the Americas.
- Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has told the Financial Times he's eyeing a 2016 presidential run 🇺🇸
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.