Reality: You can only afford a starter guitar that makes you feel like you’re playing this.
Reality: You’ll have to pay some random guy to give you lessons.
Reality: You’ll be tired and your fingers will hurt and you won’t feel like practicing.
Reality: After several weeks, you are still struggling with “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star.”
5. Expectation: If you play guitar at a party, everyone will think you’re super cool.
Reality: No one wants to hear you bumble through “Wonderwall.”
6. Expectation: You will be mayor of SHRED CITY.
Reality: You have sausage fingers.
7. Expectation: You’ll recreate your favorite band’s massive guitar sound.
Reality: Your practice amp sounds like a broken ham radio.
Reality: Your eyes will be glued to your guitar and you will be afraid to move.
9. Expectation: You will be a total badass and smash your guitar all the time.
10. Reality: You will protect that guitar like it’s your baby and freak out at the smallest scratch.
11. Expectation: Once you get good enough, you’ll start a killer band with your friends.
Reality: All your friends think rock is dead and just want to be DJ’s.
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›