1. 1997’s “Spice World” introduced an entirely new side of the Spice Girls to the world. Once and for all, the Spice Girls proved that “they don’t just sing.”
They also act, and very well at that.
2. Though it’s nearly impossible to pick one stand-out star from “Spice World”, Geri must be commended for her role as “Geri.”
3. Her natural ability to capture our attention was prevalent throughout the 93-minute opus.
4. That microphone probably didn’t work… but she made you believe it did.
5. Baby Spice is equally astonishing.
6. Her character, which technically wasn’t even a character because she just played herself, questioned social norms.
7. Which was way ahead of its time. This is 1997 we’re talking about!
8. Baby Spice also managed to deliver her lines while constantly sucking on a lollipop. Lord knows we don’t see that nowadays.
9. Then there was Scary. A natural talent, her faces really make you believe what she’s saying.
10. And Posh!
12. The scene where she drives the bus the wheel has been described as very “real.”
13. And one cannot forget about the iconic, unforgettable bootcamp scene.
14. But, Posh is at her best when she wakes a little boy from a coma.
15. With 4 words, she shaped a generation:
16. Oh yeah, Sporty was good too.
17. All together, it was quite obvious how hard the Spice Girls worked to create this film.
19. The set design, as demonstrated by this random Spice Gazebo in France, was unparalleled for 1997.