1. Slavery laws before the Emancipation Proclamation was issued in 1863
2. Women’s suffrage laws before passage of the Nineteenth Amendment in 1920
4. Interracial marriage laws before a 1967 Supreme Court decision deemed anti-miscegenation laws unconstitutional
5. Gay marriage rights in 2012
So, did your state get it right?
Deputy Editorial Director, Devout Member of the Church of Godney
Contact Matt Stopera at email@example.com.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.