1. Slavery laws before the Emancipation Proclamation was issued in 1863
2. Women’s suffrage laws before passage of the Nineteenth Amendment in 1920
4. Interracial marriage laws before a 1967 Supreme Court decision deemed anti-miscegenation laws unconstitutional
5. Gay marriage rights in 2012
So, did your state get it right?
Deputy Editorial Director, Devout Member of the Church of Godney
Contact Matt Stopera at email@example.com
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece won't pay the International Monetary Fund the $1.8 billion it owes on time, paving the way for a formal default.
- At least 30 people were reported dead after a military plane crashed into two houses in a residential neighborhood in the Indonesian city of Medan.
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.