Background: France approved a draft law to allow same-sex marriage, saying it meant progress for the whole society. The law would also grant gay couples the right to adopt children, but not to use assisted procreation methods such as artificial inseminati
1. The law was said to be a done deal, but recent opposition like this protest might have put it in jeopardy.
2. At the protest there were lots of big banners, like this one that says: “France needs children, not homosexuals.”
3. “The family is the base of the nation”
4. “One dad, one mom, for the children”
5. Same as above.
6. There were also lots of signs. This one says: “No to homosexual marriages.”
7. “1 father, 1 mother, for all children”
8. “Stop the destruction of our values”
9. “No to the government bill for the marriage for everyone”
10. “A real marriage, a true mom, a true daddy”
11. “Mom loves daddy”
12. “No to a decadent society”
13. “Unisex marriage is nonsense”
14. “The family is sacred”
15. There were also a lot of people yelling and shouting.
19. There were also balloons!
21. Face paint!
23. And members of France’s Nationalist party even took part.
24. There were also old people.
25. Lots of old people.
32. Oh, yeah, and an adult baby.
This picture is actually from a protest on Nov. 8. I couldn’t NOT include it, though.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›