1. Before we begin Aliya has to put her medals on.
4. Aliya got Russia their first Olympic women’s gymnastics gold since 2000.
She won gold on the uneven bars. She also won a bronze on floor.
7. In April of 2011, she ripped her knee apart tearing both her ACL and MCL on vault.
8. Most athletes take years to recover, but obviously Mustafina is not like most athletes.
19. Also, feet are not supposed to do this, but Mustafina’s do.
22. And I know she gets a bad rap for always looking so serious all the time.
23. She smiles!
25. You know, just foolin’ around with her teammates.
28. So, to wrap things up, call her a diva or a sore loser or whatever you want.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️