The original Penn Station was completed in 1911. Considered to be one of the most impressive buildings in the world, it also housed the largest indoor space in New York City.
But, in 1950, Penn Station auctioned off their air rights and a plan for an office building and sports arena were put into place. In 1963, the building was demolished amid a flurry of protests and by 1968, Penn Station as you know it was finished.
Welcome to hell.
9. Now: Some dude passed out on the ground next to a sub
11. Now: Another dude passed out but this time on a bench
18. Then: The really pretty clock and the waiting room
19. Now: Big blue poles and lights that circle around them
20. Then: Crowds
22. Then: Light streaming in, reminiscent of heaven
23. Now: Basically hell
THE WORLD SUCKS. BYE.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›