The original Penn Station was completed in 1911. Considered to be one of the most impressive buildings in the world, it also housed the largest indoor space in New York City.
But, in 1950, Penn Station auctioned off their air rights and a plan for an office building and sports arena were put into place. In 1963, the building was demolished amid a flurry of protests and by 1968, Penn Station as you know it was finished.
Welcome to hell.
18. Then: The really pretty clock and the waiting room
20. Then: Crowds
22. Then: Light streaming in, reminiscent of heaven
23. Now: Basically hell
THE WORLD SUCKS. BYE.
- A boat packed with mainly African migrants bound for Italy sank off the Libyan coast on Thursday and officials fear over 100 people might have died, Reuters reports. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday 🌐 ›