The original Penn Station was completed in 1911. Considered to be one of the most impressive buildings in the world, it also housed the largest indoor space in New York City.
But, in 1950, Penn Station auctioned off their air rights and a plan for an office building and sports arena were put into place. In 1963, the building was demolished amid a flurry of protests and by 1968, Penn Station as you know it was finished.
Welcome to hell.
9. Now: Some dude passed out on the ground next to a sub
11. Now: Another dude passed out but this time on a bench
18. Then: The really pretty clock and the waiting room
19. Now: Big blue poles and lights that circle around them
20. Then: Crowds
22. Then: Light streaming in, reminiscent of heaven
23. Now: Basically hell
THE WORLD SUCKS. BYE.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›