Researchers at Hiroshima University have concluded that looking at pictures of baby animals improves productivity.
A chart of their research:
This chart shows that people finished tasks faster and more precisely after being shown pictures of baby animals.
At BuzzFeed Headquarters we’ve used our baby animal algorithm generator machine to figure out the cutest, most productive baby animals.
Sorry this is an old picture, but this is what the machine looks like.
Your task for the next 3 minutes is to look at these pictures and think of *one thing* you want to get accomplished.
1. We’ll start off slowly with this picture of a cat sticking his head out of a pair of jeans.
10. Aww, these baby hedgehogs think this brush is their mom, and you are becoming more productive. Science is the best.
14. 14 pictures down! You’re feeling more focused. Time for another round of pictures starting with baby bulldogs.
19. You’re already halfway through! This baby duck is so happy for you!
24. Wow! Look how productive this mom golden retriever is! If she can walk 5 babies on her own, you can do anything!!
31. Hi! You’ve looked at 31 pictures. You’re almost ready to go back to work.
35. Almooooooost there…
Now go do that one thing you needed to do! Your productivity has increased!
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.