1. Six years ago, on March 4, 2007, this magazine cover came out.
2. And here’s how she got there. It’s January 2007. Britney Spears is sucked up in Sam Lufti’s world.
3. During the day, she stops at convenience stores for things she doesn’t need.
4. At night, she drives around aimlessly.
5. It was something new and crazy every week. Everyone was just waiting for something insane to happen.
And then something insane did happen.
7. This is the last picture taken of her before she shaved her head.
8. On Feb. 17, it happened.
9. These pictures were everywhere. Britney Spears fans across the universe were terrified for their Queen.
10. She started wearing really bad wigs. She checked in and out of rehabs.
11. She’s absent.
13. Her only friend is a tiny Chihuahua.
14. She attacks a paparazzo’s car with an umbrella.
15. She starts going to AA meetings.
16. Her hands are COVERED IN PEN.
17. FOR GOD’S SAKE, SHE WAS SCREAMING AT THE PAPARAZZI, WEARING A PINK WIG, AND HOLDING A VENTI FRAP. NOBODY NEEDS A VENTI FRAP.
18. I think you get it. She had hit rock bottom.
Fast-forward six years. Clear your mind. Move on…
20. Today, Britney is doing much better. She still doesn’t give a fuck about her Starbucks and sweatpants.
21. She’s single now, but DAMN, single looks good on her.
22. Like, I can’t believe this is the same person we saw in 2007.
23. SMILING, RADIANT, WITHOUT A FLAW.
24. And hot damn, Brunetteney.
25. HOW ARE YOU EVEN REAL?!
26. And one more thing: THOSE LEGS.
27. Soooooo, let’s take this moment to thank the Holy Spearit.
28. Praise the higher being.
29. And remember:
- U.S. presidential candidates are making their final pitches before the New Hampshire Primary, the second voting contest of the nominating season 🇺🇸
- The Pentagon has confirmed that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit on Sunday night.
- President Obama asked Congress for $1.8 billion to fight the spread of the Zika virus across the Americas.