1. Missing its captain, Thiago Silva, and superstar Neymar Jr., Brazil went into today’s semifinal vs. Germany shorthanded. But nobody could have predicted that Brazil would go down 5-0 in the first 30 minutes. It was truly horrific to watch.
2. This sad child witnessing devastation is every Brazilian soccer fan.
4. Five goals. In 30 minutes.
8. Brazil captain Thiago Silva sitting out Tuesday’s match because of yellow cards.
15. And some Brazil supporters were already burning flags.
17. And then Germany scored again in the second half to make it 6-0, because of course they scored again.
Germany’s Andre Schuerrle celebrates scoring his side’s 6th goal.
19. And then the Germans scored again. 7-0!
20. Brazil’s manager, Luiz Scolari.
30. And then it was over. Germany 7, Brazil 1. The worst loss for Brazil since it lost 6-0 to Uruguay in 1920.
32. In conclusion…
- Greece's bailout vote on Sunday could be very close, according to an opinion poll. Both sides are holding rallies today.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- After two previous missions failed, Russia's Progress rocket took off to resupply the International Space Station ?
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.