1. Germany’s Cristoph Kramer was knocked out after this nasty collision during the 14th minute of the World Cup Final vs. Argentina. He stayed in the game, but in the 32nd minute, Kramer fell to the ground again and needed to be helped off the field.
Germany’s Christoph Kramer leaves the field in a daze after suffering a head injury vs. Argentina.
3. The 23-year-old midfielder told German paper Die Welt he “can’t really remember much of the game.”
“I don’t know anything at all about the first half. I thought later that I left the game immediately after the tackle. I have no idea how I got to the changing rooms. I don’t know anything else. In my head, the game starts from the second half.”
4. The blow to Kramer on Sunday is one of several scary head injuries that occurred during the World Cup.
5. Argentina’s Javier Mascherano collided with Netherlands’ Georginio Wijnaldum during the teams’ semifinal match. He initially staggered off the field, but came back in.
6. Uruguay’s Alvaro Pereirra was knocked unconscious vs. England, but re-entered the game a minute later.
7. FIFPro, the World Footballers’ Association, has called on FIFA to ”conduct a thorough investigation into its own competition concussion protocol.”
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. Three people were injured, according to reports.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?