1. UPDATE: The scene in the Arizona State tunnel before last night’s game vs. Sacramento State.
Tillman leading out the devils. No hashtags necessary. Pictures worth 1000 words
2. When Arizona State takes the field at Sun Devil stadium this season, they’ll be led out of the tunnel by Pat Tillman.
The Arizona State football program’s equipment team shared this photo on Twitter of the image of Tillman painted on the locker room door leading out to Sun Devil Stadium.
3. Pat Tillman played linebacker at Arizona State from 1994 to 1997 before being drafted into the NFL by the Arizona Cardinals. He was also an A student, and helped the team reach the Rose Bowl his senior year.
4. In 2004, Tillman was killed by friendly fire in Afghanistan while serving with the elite Army Rangers. Following his death, Arizona State retired his number 42 and the Pac-10 renamed its Defensive Player of the Year award after him.
A memorial for Tillman outside Sun Devil stadium in 2004.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›