1. UPDATE: The scene in the Arizona State tunnel before last night’s game vs. Sacramento State.
Tillman leading out the devils. No hashtags necessary. Pictures worth 1000 words
2. When Arizona State takes the field at Sun Devil stadium this season, they’ll be led out of the tunnel by Pat Tillman.
The Arizona State football program’s equipment team shared this photo on Twitter of the image of Tillman painted on the locker room door leading out to Sun Devil Stadium.
3. Pat Tillman played linebacker at Arizona State from 1994 to 1997 before being drafted into the NFL by the Arizona Cardinals. He was also an A student, and helped the team reach the Rose Bowl his senior year.
4. In 2004, Tillman was killed by friendly fire in Afghanistan while serving with the elite Army Rangers. Following his death, Arizona State retired his number 42 and the Pac-10 renamed its Defensive Player of the Year award after him.
A memorial for Tillman outside Sun Devil stadium in 2004.
- Polls have officially closed in the Greek referendum. The country is deciding whether to accept sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.