1. UPDATE: The scene in the Arizona State tunnel before last night’s game vs. Sacramento State.
Tillman leading out the devils. No hashtags necessary. Pictures worth 1000 words
2. When Arizona State takes the field at Sun Devil stadium this season, they’ll be led out of the tunnel by Pat Tillman.
The Arizona State football program’s equipment team shared this photo on Twitter of the image of Tillman painted on the locker room door leading out to Sun Devil Stadium.
3. Pat Tillman played linebacker at Arizona State from 1994 to 1997 before being drafted into the NFL by the Arizona Cardinals. He was also an A student, and helped the team reach the Rose Bowl his senior year.
4. In 2004, Tillman was killed by friendly fire in Afghanistan while serving with the elite Army Rangers. Following his death, Arizona State retired his number 42 and the Pac-10 renamed its Defensive Player of the Year award after him.
A memorial for Tillman outside Sun Devil stadium in 2004.
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China will cut its military personnel by 300,000, shrinking the forces to 2 million people. President Xi Jinping called it a gesture of peace. ›