1. Cumulatively, There Are 364 Gifts In The Song
Gee, I wonder what it would cost to buy them all?
3. It’s Actually Four ‘Colly Birds,’ Not ‘Calling Birds’…
These lyrics are more misunderstood than the lyrics to Elton John’s Rocket Man.
5. A Version From France Includes The Verse: ‘11 Full-Breasted Maidens’
This version also includes ‘two breasts of veal, three joints of beef, four pigs’ trotters, five legs of mutton.’ It’s an incredibly gluttonous song when sung in the French tradition.
6. The Five Gold Rings Actually Refer To Another Bird - The Ring Necked Pheasant - Not Jewelry
7. Dogs Love ‘The 12 Days Of Christmas!’
8. The Muppets And John Denver Once Performed ‘The 12 Days Of Christmas’ Together
9. The Insane Clown Posse Recorded A Version Of The Song
It’s less risque than that French rendition.