1. Meet Peanut.
The 2-year-old mutt from North Carolina took top honors at this year’s World’s Ugliest Dog contest, held at the Sonoma-Marin Fair in California on June 20.
2. Though he’s healthy now, the little champion was burned as a pup, and his owner hopes the victory will raise awareness about animal abuse.
His owner also plans to use the $1,500 prize to pay for other animals’ veterinary bills.
3. Congrats, P! Blue is definitely your color.
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›