1. Meet Peanut.
The 2-year-old mutt from North Carolina took top honors at this year’s World’s Ugliest Dog contest, held at the Sonoma-Marin Fair in California on June 20.
2. Though he’s healthy now, the little champion was burned as a pup, and his owner hopes the victory will raise awareness about animal abuse.
His owner also plans to use the $1,500 prize to pay for other animals’ veterinary bills.
3. Congrats, P! Blue is definitely your color.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail after posting bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store, sources tell BuzzFeed News.