2. It’s a bolt-emblazoned bracelet that promises to “[turn] your resolutions into reality” by zapping you with an electric shock every time you give into a bad habit.
3. How it works: You program your goals into Pavlok’s smartphone app. Then you choose what happens if you don’t meet them.
7. You’ll assign a consequence to each, ranging from small nudges — like using vibration or sound to remind you to get back on track…
9. The latter may sound crazy, but according to Pavlok’s CEO Maneesh Sethi: “Sometimes crazy works.”
In The News Today
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- Three scientists who developed treatments against parasites have won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. ›
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›