1. NYX Matte Lipsticks
2. Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner
Glides on smoothly, stays put all day, and the easy twist-up packaging lets you ditch the sharpener. $8 here.
3. Milani Baked Blush
4. Blistex Lip Medex
This tingly balm is a serious, no-frills hydrator for chapped lips. (Though to some, the menthol scent might be off-putting.) Less than $2 here.
5. Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover
Three cheers for any product that a) easily removes eye makeup in a single swipe, b) doesn’t feel oily and greasy afterward, and c) doesn’t eventually dry out your skin. Two options under $8: liquid or lotion.
6. Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri Topcoat
The quickest way to stretch the shelf life of a DIY drugstore mani? Top it with a swipe of this. $6 here.
7. Revlon “Just Bitten” Lip Stain
It goes on almost sheer — so you can apply on the go and not worry about the precision that usually comes along with pencil products. But true to the stain in its name, colors are buildable and they stay on for hours. $7 here.
8. Maybelline Mascara
You can’t wrong with either of these: Maybelline Great Lash has been around forever, and for good reason. Similarly, Full ‘n Soft has a legion of fans, like Lauren Conrad, who swear by the stuff. Get them here and here for $7.
9. Garnier BB Cream
It has a built-in SPF for everyday wear, blends easily, and isn’t drying — although coverage leans more toward the sheer side. $13 here.
10. L’Oréal Infallible Eyeshadow
11. e.l.f. Eyelid Primer
…Like this one! Less than $2 here.
12. Wet ‘n’ Wild Mega Last Lip Color
13. Purpose Cleansing Wash & Moisturizer
14. e.l.f. High Definition Powder
15. NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
Everything you need for perfectly set brows: two brushes (angled and spoolie), clear wax, and coordinating brow powders. $6 here.
16. Batiste Dry Shampoo
Dry shampoo is already a godsend. But when it comes in different scents and colors (so that you’re not frantically combing out every last bit of white), it’s even better. $8 here.
17. Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel (as a Primer)
18. Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer
A solid 2-in-1 concealer and highlighter for the undereye area — with the slight downside being the built-in applicator brush, which tends to sop up product. $6 here.
19. Sinful Colors Nail Polishes
Essie and O.P.I. are already prime drugstore buys, but the $8 bottles can add up quickly. Sinful Colors retails for closer to $2, has similar wear, and comes in a wide range of colors. Some MakeupAlley reviewers say that consistency can vary, so for best results, layer up and finish with topcoat.
20. Burt’s Bees Lip Balm
21. L’Oréal Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer
The green helps color-correct redness and blemishes, and acts as an even base so that your concealer stays put on top of it. $11 here.
22. Tweezerman Tweezers
Plain and simple: These are the best tweezers out there. (Their secret: a super-sharp slant that lets you grab onto even the tiniest of hairs.) The full-size version usually tops $20 at Sephora, but the mini pair is a few bucks cheaper and works just as well. $13 here.
Wet ‘n’ Wild Mega Last Lip Color (#12) was originally listed at Amazon for $7, but can actually be found for $2. Happy shopping!
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲