1. Despite the long history of comics, no one has yet to invent a better storage method than longboxes
Longboxes are susceptible to mold, damp, light or any sort of gentle physical contact.
2. If you are unlucky, your comic book shop looks like a dungeon
I love spending 40 minutes of my life every week in a place that smells like gym socks.
3. And the owner of that dungeon is a rude, supercilious jerk
Whoa there kid. You like superheroes?
4. It is often difficult to explain your collection to your friends
OK, sometimes its about the art and sometimes its about the story.
6. You forget to cancel a title long after it has jumped the shark
Please, please let this end.
7. The companies are always trying to gouge you with fancy new covers or holograms
Shiny foil? GIMME!
8. Or killing off beloved heroes as a sales driving device rather than using it to further a story
Because the point of these deaths were….
9. Or pushing characters down your throat that no one cares about
You WILL like Mockingbird.
10. And if you stop collecting for even a second, you will be completely lost as your favorite character is no longer recognizable
Wait, Spider-Man is WHO now?
11. But despite the constant embarrassment…
He will tombstone you into comics hell.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›