1. The monk seals are known to Native Hawaiians as “ilio holo i ka uaua,” meaning “dog that runs in rough water.”
2. Monk seals eat everything from eels to octopus.
papahanaumokuakea.gov / Via http://James%20Watt
3. When the monk seal is not hunting or eating, it basks on the beach.
Let’s look at some more photos of it hanging loose on sandy Hawaiian shores.
4. Also, monk seals are happy to rest on volcanic coastlines.
6. Sometimes monk seals yawn.
And are even bashful about it.
11. Mother monk seals remain with their pups for the first six weeks.
Then, the mother abandons the pup, which is sad, but the mother is starving.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️