1. The monk seals are known to Native Hawaiians as “ilio holo i ka uaua,” meaning “dog that runs in rough water.”
2. Monk seals eat everything from eels to octopus.
papahanaumokuakea.gov / Via http://James%20Watt
3. When the monk seal is not hunting or eating, it basks on the beach.
Let’s look at some more photos of it hanging loose on sandy Hawaiian shores.
4. Also, monk seals are happy to rest on volcanic coastlines.
6. Sometimes monk seals yawn.
And are even bashful about it.
11. Mother monk seals remain with their pups for the first six weeks.
Then, the mother abandons the pup, which is sad, but the mother is starving.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dozens of people inhaled balloons full of laughing gas outside British parliament in protest against proposed drug laws.
- An Ohio man is suspected of fatally shooting his neighbor in the face before running her over with a lawn mower.