1. Attendees walking through the 20th International AIDS Conference in Melbourne have been marveling at this beautiful dress.
2. But if you look a little closer, IT’S MADE COMPLETELY FROM CONDOMS.
4. The pieces are made by Brazilian-based artist/designer/activist Adriana Bertini as part of her project called “Condom Couture”.
5. Ms Bertini puts on workshops aimed at raising awareness for safe sex messages, in an effort to combat STIs and HIV/AIDS.
6. Participants are walked through the process of dying, shaping and assembling condom art. And encouraged to discuss the roles condoms play in sex.
7. Ms Bertini gets young people *touching* and *feeling* the condoms.
“The manual handling of the condom, actively and playfully and the creation of an artistic work… enables participants to re-signify their role in society by strengthening their self-esteem and identity,” she said.