1. This is it. Spain is out of the World Cup after losing to the Netherlands and Chile.
2. How did that happen? How did the reigning champs not even win a single game?
3. It’s a curse.
I know, I know. But bear with me.
4. Four years ago, La Roja won the World Cup in South Africa.
5. And since 1998, every European team that won the World Cup didn’t even go through the first round the next time.
6. In 1998, France won the World Cup.
7. But in 2002, they didn’t even score a single goal.
8. Then it was Italy’s turn. They won in 2006.
9. And they didn’t even get through the first round in 2010.
- The person suspected of shooting several people at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs is in police custody, officials said. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›