1. Try tucking in your shirt.
When you’re short every shirt is too long, and when you’re curvy a long shirt can make you look larger around the middle than you are. An easy way to fix this is to tuck it in. A good rule of thumb is that your shirt should never cover your zipper.
2. This is particularly important if you’re going to be cuffing your jeans.
If you’re cuffing your jeans it already cuts your leg off, so tucking in your shirt will help section your body in a natural way. Also, if you’re going for a baggy boyfriend-jean look, then a fitted, tucked-in shirt is a good contrast for a cleaner look.
3. Try an asymmetrical dress with heels to give you height.
I would never tell a girl that she HAS to wear heels because to be honest they’re the WORST. But when you wear an asymmetrical dress it is best to wear it with heels. It will help make your calf look longer.
4. Add a belt to elongate your legs and bring out your waist.
If a dress has a cross-seam, belt it! This helps show off your natural curves and will break up your body a bit. Also, it makes your legs look super-long, which is a major plus.
5. Pull in your waist with a dress or skirt.
I’m a major fan of the “bag dress,” but it isn’t the most flattering. Pull in your waist for a look that shows off what you’ve got. It’s the oldest trick in the book but it really does work.
6. Skip pants that bunch at the bottom.
They can give a “cankle” look and make you appear shorter than you are. Try a jean that cuts off at the ankle instead.
7. If you’re going to wear cuffed jeans or shorts, skip sandals with ankle straps.
Ankle strap sandals are great but they work best if you can’t actually see the ankle strap, because it can make your calf look bigger than it is and cuts off your legs in an unnatural way. Try something lower to help give your legs all the height that they deserve.
8. Tailor your shirts!
It’s unclear whom shirts are made for. But it’s not for short girls. If you have a racerback shirt, tailor it. Pulling up the straps to the correct position will help you look slimmer, and pulling the bottom of your shirt to the right length can cover your bra straps so you don’t have to purchase a special bra for your shirt.
9. Try a blazer over a boxy shirt to help soften your look.
Boxy shirts can make your shoulders look broader than they are. An easy fix is to throw a blazer or jacket over it to soften it up a bit.
10. Skip the bat sleeve.
Bat sleeves hit girls at the largest part of their arm and can be unflattering for most people, no matter their shape or height. Go with a longer sleeve to show off your guns in all their glory.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️