Aaron Mickelson’s thesis concept is based on the idea that if companies created disappearing packaging for popular products, America could cut down on the 140 billion pounds of wasted packaging generated every year.
1. For example, Nivea’s Milk Bar wastes 7 grams of paper per package. This results in 3,950 pounds of waste per shipping truck!
The solution: Water-soluble soap boxes
2. Glad Bags’ packaging creates 49 grams of paper waste. That is 3,334 pounds of waste per truck!
The solution: Get rid of the paper box. Roll up all the garbage bags, and print all product info on the roll itself.
3. Tide Pods’ packaging results in 16 grams of waste. That equals 1,450 pounds per truck!
4. OXO’s packaging wastes 9 grams of paper. That’s 500 pounds of waste per truck!
5. Twinings generates 15 grams of paper and 2 grams of plastic waste. That’s an insane 2,646 pounds per truck!
The solution: Tear-and-use tea bags.
It just begs the question…
WHY HAS NO ONE THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE.
In The News Today
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›