1. Ooey Gooey Fries from Chego
They’re ooey. They’re gooey. They’re beer-battered and then covered with sour cream sambal, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese, cotija, chillies, cilantro and pickled garlic. *Drool.* Grab some at 727 N. Broadway.
2. Da KFC from Seoul Sausage Co.
This Korean fried chicken is ***flawless and you can get it at 11313 Mississippi Ave.
3. Nutella Pizza from Pellicola Pizzeria
It’s Nutella pizza. It’s heavenly. Go get it immediately at 421 W. 8th St.
4. Pastrami Sandwich and Piggy Fries from The Oinkster
You’ve never seen pastrami like this. Check out the new Hollywood location at 776 Vine St.
5. Wownuts from DK’s Donuts and Bakery
Part donut, part waffle, 100% fried and covered in sugar. Stop by DK’s for this delicious treat at 1614 Santa Monica Blvd. in Santa Monica.
6. Office Burger from Father’s Office
The signature burger at Father’s Office gets a lot of hype. But there is a reason why: It’s supremely flavorful, juicy, and delicious. Go eat it now at 3229 Helms Ave.
7. Tacos from Guisado’s
Literally any taco on the menu at Guisado’s will be delicious. They’re not the fancy tacos you’ll find at a lot of restaurants. They’re minimalist. Made on homemade tortillas, they feature very few ingredients but have maximum flavor. So get one in Echo Park at 1261 W Sunset Blvd.
8. Mac and Cheese Pizza at Pizzanista
It is macaroni and cheese. On pizza. Hi, yes, please. Grab a slice at 2019 E. 7th Street.
9. Ice Cream Sandwiches from Diddy Riese
These ice cream sandwiches are classics for a reason. You may have to wait in line, but it’s totally worth heading to 926 Broxton Ave. in Westwood.
10. Pastrami Fries from The Hat
Yes, these are fries covered in a warm, cozy blanket of pastrami and cheese. What about it? Grab some fries at 491 N. Lake Ave. in Pasadena.
11. Donuts at S.K’s Donuts
S.K’s has a donut that is covered in bacon. IN. BACON. Run to 5850 W. 3rd St. to grab one.
12. Nougat Crown, Kringle and Spandauer from Copenhagen Pastry
The only authentic Danish bakery in Los Angeles features some of the most delicious pastries around. Give your taste buds a treat at 11113 Washington Blvd. in Culver City.
13. Thai Tea Macaron Ice Cream Sandwiches from Milk
We all know that ice cream sandwiches are good. But Milk has found a way to make them even better: They swap the cookie for a sweet, crispy French-style macaron. Once you try it at 7290 Beverly Blvd., you’ll never go back.
14. Pig Ear Nachos from Petty Cash Taqueria
Yes, they’re undeniably pig ears, but they’re also covered in poblano pepper crema and a fried egg. So give it a shot. If you’re still hungry afterward, the cheesy churros are there for you. Check ‘em out at 7360 Beverly Blvd. in Fairfax.
15. Sausages and Fries from Wurstkuche
This downtown “exotic sausage grill” features more than 20 varieties of sausage, served with a great array of dipping sauces to match. But the unusual meats are the real draw: Rattlesnake and rabbit with jalapeños, anyone? Great! Meet you at 800 E. 3rd St.
16. Sour Skulls from Sockerbit
Swedish candy is both the most sour candy in the world and also the most delicious. Grab a million scoopfuls at 7922 W. 3rd St.
17. Pig’s Ear “Cheetos” from The Church Key
No one really knows how Church Key makes fried pig’s ears taste like the most delicious snack in the world, but it doesn’t matter. These piggy chips are paired with a guacamole-esque avocado “fluff” for the fancy eater. Check it out at 8730 Sunset Blvd.
19. A Bajillion Tacos from Tito’s Tacos
The fatty factor at Tito’s, an L.A. Mexican food staple since 1959, is not in the size of the tacos, but in the sheer number one can eat in a sitting. Orders regularly come in double digits, so plan to go big or go home at 11222 Washington Pl. in Culver City.
20. Deep Dish Pizza from Hollywood Pies
That raw, vegan pizza just not working for you anymore? Well, Hollywood Pies (at 6116 1/2 W. Pico Blvd.) has your back with its thick, saucy, gooey Chicago-style deep dish. It’ll make you say, “Ohmyholypepperoni.”
21. Kouign Amann from Superba Food and Bread
A kouign amann is a crispy round pastry made with bread dough, butter (LOTS of butter) and sugar, folded into an almost-infinite number of delicate layers. It will melt in your mouth and you’ll never be the same. Order one at 1900 S. Lincoln Blvd.
22. Everything Croissant from Superba Food and Bread
Speaking of Superba, they also make an “everything” croissant that you should eat immediately. It’s like an everything bagel had a light, flakey, perfect baby with a croissant. Eat this treasure at 1900 S. Lincoln Blvd.
23. Custard Milkshakes from Short Order
These incredibly creamy frozen custard-based shakes come with or without alcohol, which means that they’re perfect for basically any meal, any time, in any mood. Grab one at 6333 W. 3rd St.
25. Chocolate Fried Chicken from ChocoChicken
Do you ever think, This fried chicken is delicious, but I sure wish it involved more *chocolate*” Well, ChocoChicken is here for you at 403 W. 12th St.
26. Fruity Pebble Donut Holes from Cafe Dulce
Cereal on yo donut at 134 Japanese Village Plaza in Little Tokyo! The perfect combination of crunchy and creamy.
28. Fatty Sandwiches from Fat Sal’s
If all of these artery-clogging treasures still aren’t enough, then there’s only one place for you: Fat Sal’s, at 1300 N. Highland Ave. Its heroes are essentially an entire meal in one sandwich and will fill you up for days. Try the classic Fat Sal (roast beef, mozzarella sticks, onion rings, fries, brown gravy, and mayo on a garlic hero).
Or, if you’re bound and determined to go ALL OUT, there’s always the “food challenge” for $49.99. You’ll have 40 minutes to eat a Big Fat Fatty: a 27-inch garlic hero loaded with cheesesteak, cheeseburgers, pastrami, chicken fingers, bacon, mozzarella sticks, fried eggs, jalapeño poppers, fries, onion rings, chili, marinara sauce and the house signature “fat sauce.” Not, needless to say, for the faint of heart.
Big ups to the users at Gogobot for their delicious suggestions.
- David Fry, the last of the Oregon wildlife refuge occupiers, has surrendered to the FBI, ending a 40-day protest.
- Physicists have found gravitational waves: wrinkles in space-time that could open up a new way to see the universe 🔭
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸