1. During WWII there was a major shift in gender politics.
2. Women were brought into factories to work while their husbands were at war.
3. Many worked on weapons and planes for the troops.
Library of Congress / Via flickr.com
4. The women worked in groups.
6. And helped their country.
7. It was a new frontier for women.
8. They flourished in their new positions.
9. They took on the responsibility both at home and at work.
10. Proving that women had a place in the workplace.
11. And even though they spent the day doing manual labor, many women still dressed for work.
12. Look at that pattern combo!
14. Where can I get this head wrap?
15. These woman changed the place for the modern woman in the world.
17. So, thank you, riveters.
18. For showing that girls can be just as strong as men.
In The News Today