1. During WWII there was a major shift in gender politics.
2. Women were brought into factories to work while their husbands were at war.
3. Many worked on weapons and planes for the troops.
4. The women worked in groups.
5. Made friends…
6. And helped their country.
7. It was a new frontier for women.
8. They flourished in their new positions.
9. They took on the responsibility both at home and at work.
10. Proving that women had a place in the workplace.
11. And even though they spent the day doing manual labor, many women still dressed for work.
12. Look at that pattern combo!
13. And her hair.
14. Where can I get this head wrap?
15. These woman changed the place for the modern woman in the world.
16. We owe a lot to them.
17. So, thank you, riveters.
18. For showing that girls can be just as strong as men.
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›