1. Brooklyn Academy of Music - Brooklyn
Weddings at BAM are hosted in the Lepercq Space on the second floor of The Peter Jay Sharp Building. The venue only holds weddings in July, so having your nuptials there is a true treat.
2. The 1896 - Brooklyn
Mostly used for tv and films, The 1896 has a few different spaces available for rent. Exposed ceilings, brick walls and industrial spaces through out make it a unique space for a wedding.
3. Haven’s Kitchen - Chelsea
With a small cafe in front, a cooking school in back and two areas available for events, Haven’s Kitchen has a very homey feel.
4. Brooklyn Winery - Brooklyn
Brooklyn Winery is a beautiful location for a west coast feel in the city. A sophisticated space with reclaimed wood, vintage adornments and a full winery, the staff is ready to give you full service help. The dining room’s minimum guest count is 100 guests on Friday and Sundays, and 120 on Saturdays.
5. Brooklyn Botanical Gardens - Brooklyn
With three different areas available, The Brooklyn Botanical Garden offers many different options for your nuptials. Surround your loved ones with beautiful flowers and trees for an oasis in a city of concrete.
6. TriBeCa Cinemas - TriBeCa
The Varvick room at TriBeCa Cinemas is a great art deco inspired space. Perfect for film buffs, nothing could be cooler than saying I Do in the trendy space.
7. The Green Building - Brooklyn
The Green Building is a beautiful raw space in Carroll Gardens in Brooklyn. Previously a brass foundry, the building features brick walls, exposed beams and huge chandeliers to create a light and airy open feel.
8. The Foundry - Long Island City
This beautiful industrial building in LIC is covered in ivy, making it a beautiful backdrop for a wedding looking for a distinct look.
9. Bronx Zoo - Bronx
Always wished you could have penguins on your big day? Now you can! Get married under the stone elephant heads at the zoo for an awesome wedding no one will forget.
10. Music Hall of Williamsburg - Brooklyn
Have a rock ‘n’ roll reception at Music Hall of Williamsburg.
11. Bat Haus - Brooklyn
Bat Haus is a really cool new space in Brooklyn. It is…wait for it…a communal working space! Pretty different, huh? Well the office has a great outdoor garden and the ability to hold a small wedding in a beautiful raw space.
12. Museum of the Moving Image - Queens
White and minimalist, the Museum of the Moving Image is great for a modern wedding.
13. Housing Works - Soho
What could be better than getting married amongst the books that have meant so much to you in your life? Housing Works allows book lovers a very cool space to say I do.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail on bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- Atlanta police are searching for two white men who were caught on security cameras placing Confederate flags at a historic church.