1. Some gave us cold hard numbers:
4. $350 was an oddly popular figure.
7. And some gave us higher cold hard numbers:
Each outfit cost 5,000 Norwegian krone, which is approximately $900.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE HAT?
11. There’s big money in the handbag business.
14. And in the shoe market, too.
15. Some folks wouldn’t divulge…
16. Or they were proud of their finds.
18. Or, then again, maybe they just didn’t need to spend a dime.
19. Here’s Padma Lakshmi, who credits “friendship” for her dress:
20. And then there was us. Lili worked hard for that bag.
21. And so did I!
22. But in the end maybe it doesn’t matter how much the clothes cost, because like this guy said:
“Style is priceless”
—All photos taken by Lauren Yapalater and Lili Salzberg for BuzzFeed.
- Two bomb attacks in the central Nigerian city of Jos have killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️