1. Last night, news spread that there was a monkey roaming around an Ikea in Toronto, Canada.
2. Not just any monkey, though. A super-stylish monkey wearing THIS SEASON’S shearling coat.
3. The unnamed monkey is 7 months old, and no one was really sure how it got there. Or why it was wearing such a great coat.
6. Then some other girl was all, “Did anyone lose their monkey at Ikea?”
15. A Twitter parody account was made too:
just passed by a mirror and HOLY COW HOW CUTE AM I— Ikea Monkey
way overdressed for this animal shelter— Ikea Monkey
update: there’s a cat giving me weird looks… what do I do— Ikea Monkey
update III: made friends with a schnoodle, planning a long con to get out of this joint— Ikea Monkey
update II: other animals still very confused— Ikea Monkey
ahhh it’s been such a wild ride being a part of the ZEITGEIST today u know #stillrelevant #socialmedia— Ikea Monkey
21. Turns out the owners eventually came forward and were fined for owning a prohibited animal.
22. But we can never forget the monkey that burst into our hearts and made us love tiny shearling coats again.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.