1. Dylan Sprouse, 1/2 of the Sprouse twins (but also a full person) responded to a question asked on his tumblr about Joe Jonas’ candid essay.
2. Since he was a Disney kid himself as a star on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, he had some opinions on what Joe said.
3. This was the question asked to him:
4. And this is how he responded:
I read the article and I have a couple things to say. Most formally the idea that Disney and the corporations “gentrified them.”
First, I think it’s bullshit that they were being robbed of choice or creativity. If they wanted too, they could have told Disney “NO”. Cole and I did this hundreds of times and we ended up all right. The only reason they didn’t is because, like many of the people on that channel, I think they fell for the allure of fame. Granted, Cole and I had been acting our entire lives, so we saw it as a means to an end (money making) rather than an opportunity to become successful.
Nowadays artists just assume they have to do what they are told by their proprietors because there is a “rigid structure to achievement”. It is nothing more than a scheme to rob you of your individuality and capitalise the gain they acquire from such treachery. If you believe this, not only are you incredibly foolish, but you are a BAD ARTIST. Individuality is modernity’s most interesting trait regarding artwork and so so many talented individuals realize this. You do not have to become something else to be successful. Not only is it not too late for them to redefine themselves now, it was never too late.
What that article felt like was: “Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, still shame on you.”
My personal creed? “Fool me once, you’ll forever regret that decision.”
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.