1. Here are the series of photos he posted to Twitter a few days ago:
13. And the public apology that was stated during an interview at his home:
In Chester County (Pennsylvania), which has seen a number of cases of horrific animal abuse recently, SPCA spokesman Rich Britton called the picture “not funny” and said that, even for a shock comedian, Margera “missed the mark on this one.”
In an interview Monday at his Chester County compound - home also to his six cats - Margera said that had he known about the incidents of torture, he never would have posted the photo.
“I think those people need to go down,” he said of the abusers. “Just hurting another animal is rude, crude, and more.”
Margera said that he doesn’t even own a gun, and that the only time he ever fired one was at a clay pigeon at a sporting event.
Still, he said, sometimes a joke is just a joke.
“I feel like every follower I have on Twitter” - more than 800,000 - “knows my Jackass joking kind of humor,” he said.
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›