1. Say hello to the Greek Real Housewives.
2. Never heard of “The Real Housewives of Athens”?
That’s because the series was a huge failure. Not officially connected to the Bravo brand, The Real Housewives of Athens sought to capitalize on the American franchise by showing Greek women enjoying their opulent and carefree lifestyles.
Not the best idea when your country is in the midst of total financial collapse.
3. The Real Housewives of Athens were…
4. Ioanna Soulioti, ex-model and TV presenter
5. Orthoula Papadakou, ex-basketball player and business owner
10. You can watch all of the episodes on YouTube, but it helps if you speak Greek.
This is the pilot.
11. And here’s a promo for one of the episodes.
Featuring a puppy, a smattering of English, and some Greek singing.
12. So here’s the real question: How long until we get this show with subtitles?
Or maybe it would just be easier to learn Greek.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›