1. Fact: Women make up an average of 40% of fan bases for the four major leagues.
2. But you wouldn’t really know that walking into most sports apparel stores …
3. There’s that moment when you walk into a team store and hear, “Are you looking for something for your boyfriend?”
4. When you’re finally allowed to browse in peace, you’ll notice sports apparel for women often looks like this…
6. There are plenty of pink options, of course.
“I know, we’ll pink it and shrink it!”
7. Although there have been some drastic improvements in cuts for women in recent years…
Whoa, courageous design!
8. …It usually seems like anything that’s not pink was cut for rectangular humans.
9. If rectangular’s not your thing, you better be ready to show some skin.
Now that’s a girl who will break your heart… just like the Knicks!
12. And in case you need to be held accountable for seven months of singleness:
13. In the event that you want to subject yourself to affection from strangers:
Butt logo! Nice!
14. Of course, you could always go this route:
15. It’s a bit easier for women who look like this to find flattering apparel.
Because what doesn’t look good on Chrissy Teigen?
16. Plus-size fans of the Dallas Cowboys, believed to be the most popular team in the NFL, are offered only four options.
Felix Jones left the Cowboys after the 2012 season.
17. One more thing: In Sochi, the USA Women’s Hockey team finished with a silver medal. The men’s team lost the bronze medal game. Despite this, jersey-style T-shirts representing the female players are nowhere to be found.
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron announced. ›
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›