1. This is Shalane Flanagan, she just absolutely killed it at the Boston Marathon. She came in seventh.
2. She had an official time of 2:22.02, it’s her personal best. It was the fastest of any American woman Monday.
3. The 32-year-old runner told reporters at the finish line today that she intends on coming back every year until she wins the whole thing.
4. “I ran everything I had in me today, right until the tape,” she said at a post-race press conference Monday. “I’ll be back to run here until I win it.”
5. Flanagan also spoke about the race on Sunday, the day before the marathon:
”If I could have one wish, it would be to win this specific race on this specific day… It basically would be the highlight of my career, for sure. If I could win this specific Boston: It has the most power, the most meaning behind it, of all the Boston Marathons that would be run.”