1. For the next month, friends and acquaintances will suddenly reveal themselves as the world’s biggest soccer/football/futbal fan, baffling you with their rooting interests for countries you’re pretty sure they’ve never even visited.
Maybe you’re not into sports tweets, and that’s okay. They come in waves, taking over your timeline and usually provide no context other than ALL CAPS EXCITEMENT!! If you use a client like Tweetdeck or TweetBot, you can mute specific users, terms, and hashtags. There is also an app that will prevent you from seeing spoilers.
2. Sports Twitter is impervious to the mute function, but we’re here to help you get as close to a soccer-free timeline as possible. I mean, how could you possibly know to mute this?
3. Here’s a list of are common Soccer Twitter keywords, in order of popularity.
34. And some bonus exclamations. Vary the number of vowels for best results.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›