1. In May, Uruguay officially passed a bill that allowed same-sex marriage.
2. Today, Rodrigo Borda and Sergio Miranda became the first couple to make marriage equality in Uruguay a reality.
3. They have been together for 14 years.
They plan to have a very public wedding, partially so other gay couples may see them as an example.
4. Uruguay is the second South American country to pass an equal marriage bill, after Argentina.
5. Congrats, Rodrigo and Sergio!
We definitely can’t wait for your wedding.