1. In May, Uruguay officially passed a bill that allowed same-sex marriage.
2. Today, Rodrigo Borda and Sergio Miranda became the first couple to make marriage equality in Uruguay a reality.
3. They have been together for 14 years.
They plan to have a very public wedding, partially so other gay couples may see them as an example.
4. Uruguay is the second South American country to pass an equal marriage bill, after Argentina.
5. Congrats, Rodrigo and Sergio!
We definitely can’t wait for your wedding.
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issues its first same-sex marriage license since the Supreme Court's June decision. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron announced. ›
- The drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›