1. A straight student at Smith College has decided she needs to make a sorority for only hetero girls.
She sent around an email to students she thought might be interested in such a sorority. There are not currently any Panhellenic sororities in place on campus.
2. The email (with the name redacted) was posted on Tumblr yesterday.
The original post has been deleted, but can be found reblogged on various other Tumblrs.
4. “I want to start a sorority at smith (Delta Gamma/DG), which would basically just be an exclusive group for straight girls, a little friend group.”
5. “We would also get Sorority apparel (even Lily Pulitzer has the cutest DG stuff!) and we’d have traditions, like every wednesday we wear pink haha.”
And why wouldn’t queer girls be interested in that stuff?
6. “I got this idea because personally as a straight girl at Smith, I feel marginalized and I feel like the minority….”
7. “… and I think this could be a really great way to socialize with people we identify more with at smith, and to meet more guys.”
8. According to the person who posted the email on Tumblr, the email has been forwarded to a professor.
Hopefully it will be shut down immediately.