2. Yesterday, a TMZ reporter asked him about his views on gay wrestlers:
Do you think that, like, a gay wrestler could be successful within the WWE?
5. And when the reporter asked if this was his “coming out,” he said:
6. Darren Young is the first WWE Superstar to publicly come out.
It doesn’t seem to bother him. When asked how he’d be received, he said “Some people might not like it, some people will like it, but I’m here [,..] to be happy.” And when asked if his fellow wrestlers would take it badly, he responded “We’re all adults.”
7. WWE released a statement voicing their support for Darren Young.
On TMZ this morning, WWE Superstar Darren Young revealed to the WWE Universe that he is gay. WWE is proud of Darren Young for being open about his sexuality, and we will continue to support him as a WWE Superstar. Today, in fact, Darren will be participating in one of our Be A STAR anti-bullying rallies in Los Angeles to teach children how to create positive environments for everyone regardless of age, race, religion or sexual orientation.
8. But maybe he should change his Twitter bio:
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.