6. In fact, Liz Carmouche was the first openly gay UFC fighter.
7. The opponents only had good things to say about each other.
Andrade said of Carmouche, “Liz is an amazing athlete. She seems very strong physically, and she has very good wrestling and striking. Also, she has a good energy to her and seems like a nice person. I’m really looking forward to the being in the Octagon with her. ”
Carmouche similarly told the UFC “I’m looking forward to the fight. She is a powerhouse on her feet, a talented grappler, and quick off her back.”
- The U.S. government is suing Ferguson, Missouri, after the city tried to change a negotiated police reform settlement.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has dropped out of the 2016 Republican presidential race after poor results in New Hampshire.
- Twitter's shares fell steeply in after-hours trading after they reported a decline in monthly users 📉