1. Meet Bill Gray and John Kandray, who have been a couple of 11 years and live in Pennsylvania, a state that does not recognize same-sex marriages.
They also have two dogs, and they’re actually the cutest couple.
4. Montgomery County in Pennsylvania has been issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
So Bill and John traveled across the state to get one. Montgomery County has issued over 60 same-sex marriage licenses, and has no plans to stop. Awesome!
5. And Mayor John Fetterman was more than happy to perform the service.
The ceremony was actually held at the mayor’s home, with John and Bill’s friends in attendance. Quite the mayor!
6. And then there was this adorably awkward kiss after Mayor Fetterman wasn’t sure what to say in place of “You may now kiss the bride.”
I just wish the dogs had been ring bearers.
7. Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett has filed a petition to stop the issuing of same-sex marriage licenses.
So far, there’s been no response from the Commonwealth Court.